Thursday, January 15, 2009

beauty?


stuff for class.. aghh it's 5:15am. i'll explain later or something

[edit]

commentary on idea of beauty in asia: pertaining to males because most of the time, we tend to associate obsession with beauty as a mostly feminine issue. mm yeah.

NOTE: my friend told me today that the chinese is a bit weird (yes, because i only speak basic canto and am otherwise completely illiterate) the phrase on the left says "ho ying" which means "so stylish" but to the n'th degree (it's thrown around a lot).. and the one on the right is mandarin but online translations tell me it's "si mou", which is kind of slang i guess? i've heard my grandma and cousins use it haha.. mm yeah. chinese was put in as sarcasm and also to add to the graphic quality of ads. completed last night from around 11 til 5am-ish; ballpoint pen in sketchbook and textures/colours added in ps2

3 comments:

silent said...

this is awesome.. lol stylish <3

dadu shin said...

hi robyn! i like the little kid and his pose haha
anyways
how is your wintersession going???

A Friend said...

I couldn't read the chinese either! Well only the first two words of both sides, no help though LOL... so I wrote it out and asked someone... turns out "Si Mou" just means like "Trendy" or "sytlish..." ;) NOT SLANG according to my source...