Wednesday, April 28, 2010

the wind

Today I saw Kick-Ass with Dadu, JooHee, and Caitlin.

IT
WAS
AWESOME


[- ] A little gory for my taste, but I tend to be a bit more squeamish than the average person.
[+] The fight scenes were brilliantly choreographed, and the soundtrack was fantastic.
[- ] However, there were a couple scenes where the green screen compositing could have been a little more seamless
[+] Hit Girl was the bomb. It makes me wonder - if I ever have a daughter, would it really be possible to raise her to be that badass? Ah, to live our dreams vicariously through children.



watercolour, gouache, pencil crayon, digital
instructor: Fred Lynch
an illustration for a poem
still not sure about the bg colour, but I've been looking at it for so long I can't tell anymore. I'll come back to it later.

"The Wind"
by Robert Louis Stevenson

I saw you toss the kites on high
And blow the birds about the sky;
And all around I heard you pas,
Like ladies' skirts across the grass--
O wind, a-blowing all day long,
O wind, that sings so loud a song!

I saw the different things you did,
But always you yourself you hid.
I felt you push, I heard you call,
I could not see yourself at all--
O wind, a-blowing all day long,
O wind, that sings so loud a song!

O you that are so strong and cold,
O blower, are you young or old?
re you a beat of field and tree,
Or just a stronger child than me?
O wind, a-blowing all day long,
O wind, that sings so loud a song!

2 comments:

Emerson said...

very very nice.. you really have gone through some big jumps lately.. what's your secret? do you have some brainpower juice that you buy from somewhere?

Jocelyn Bell said...

I have to agree with you on kickass - awesome movie. i was so happy it didn't disappoint me.